Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Contract
The primary role of the .Net Programmer will be to work on a granting system which is a large highly complex hybrid application with core Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) code and custom built .NET modules utilizing a SQL Server database backend.
The candidate also will work on new custom modules/web sites developed in ASP.NET MVC C# platform.
This person will also assist the technical lead on the team to learn the business areas and then apply the best technical solutions to the business requests.
They will also develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating the requirements; analyzing requirements; developing software systems and, also perform all SDLC stages.
Requirements of the .Net Programmer
- 10 years of 'real' hands-on working experience is required
- Strong .NET development background.
- Visual Studio (combination of 2008, 2010, 2013 etc.) (6 years)
- ASP.NET web development experience, VB.NET, and/or C# (7 years)
- Database Oracle/SQL Server (7 years)
- HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap framework (3 years)
- MVC (5 years)
- Can easily understand very complex database designs. The main application is a database driven application.
- Strong analytical skills. The majority of the issues with the application are based on the database design and requires someone who can handle complex problems.
- Accounting experience is highly preferred
- Strong communication skills.