Toccoa, Georgia | contract
Opening with our manufacturing client in Toccoa, WA for an Accountant.
Primary function of this position is to manage cost accounting system. Complete financial analysis for management with a high level of problem solving skill and ability to communicate effectively across functional lines.
- Monitor, review and analyze manufacturing and budget variances.
- Trouble shoot existing accounting systems to correct problems.
- Develop and understand labor and overhead rates.
- Develop new procedures and process improvements to enhance financial control and reporting.
- Assist in month end activities and financial analysis.
- Organize and lead physical inventory.
- Assist in preparation of profit plan and department budgets.
- Undertake special projects and analysis assigned by plant management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 5 years experience preferred; Background working in manufacturing/aerospace
- MBA, CPA, CMA or other relevant degree/certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software
- Working knowledge of MFG Pro preferred
- Highly motivated
- Strong analytical ability
- Solid oral and written communication skills
Accountant - 15596