Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
In this role, the Application Architect will be responsible for providing architecture leadership across multiple development teams while working with both IS and Business teams to define their architecture roadmap, solution architecture, detailed design, and hands on development.
Responsibilities of the Software Application Architect include:
- Work with business stakeholders to define strategic roadmap
- Review and evaluate designs to determine satisfaction of requirements and design drivers and for compliance to standards.
- Lead development teams through software development life cycle.
- Maintain and evolve the architectures of existing systems.
- Develop reusable software components.
- Establish design and coding standards and best practices.
- Perform code reviews for adherence to standards and best practices.
- Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Architect composition of custom-built solutions such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
- Participates in the assessment of software defects
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent level of education and work experience.
- 5+ to 7 years of IT experience in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- TOGAF Certification preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, n-tier applications, database management systems and open source trends.
- Experience discovering requirements, translating to effective solutions, and developing frameworks
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communications with various levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Ability to travel on occasion