Chestertown, Maryland | Direct Hire
Application Developer / Programmer
Our client in Chestertown, MD is looking for an Applications Developer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have 4 or more years of computer programming experience in Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server.
Must Haves (at least 4 years experience):
- Visual Studio (VB6)
- SQL, PL/SQL, and Complex databases
The Programmer will be responsible for developing, modifying and enhancing moderate to highly complex application systems in accordance with programming standards and system design specifications.
- Execute application coding, testing, integration, debugging and maintenance.
- Perform application conversions from VB6 to .Net programming language.
- Review and analyze error logs and reported problems.
- Determine cause of program failures and develop and implement corrective action or solicit support from the appropriate team member to make required modifications or enhancements.
- Perform on-call duties to support of users when required.
- Maintain documentation of code changes and programming activity.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of VB6, Microsoft Visual Studio (versions 2005 – Present) and Microsoft SQL Server (2000 – Present)
- Experience working with relational databases and source control (Team Foundation Server)
- Knowledge of Windows OS 7 and 10 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DHCP) and Active Directory/user permissions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving, ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness
- Coding with manufacturing ERP business system and inventory control background a plus.
Application Developer / Programmer - 15564