Application Support Analyst
Morristown, New Jersey | Contract
Our client is seeking an experienced Application Support Analyst/Developer to join their IT Operations team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across various software development lifecycle stages, from initial definition to continuous enhancement of incentive compensation SQL based scenarios for Javelin Incentive Manager (JIM) software suite.
Application Support Analyst Responsibilities:
- Code Javelin Incentive Manager Scenarios based on incentive plan design. This includes but is not limited to web scorecards and Excel based Incentive Strategy reports.
- Code automated executive reports articulating business insights, contribution by performance group, and earnings by performance group.
- Apply dynamic coding practices to ensure maximum scenario flexibility
- Analyze data flows and verify that source data has been loaded and transformed successfully into database; troubleshoot data issues and identify how to resolve issues
- Strive for maximum usability and user engagement for the end-to-end experience by implementing best-of-practice design solutions and leveraging industry standards
- Partner with Sales Incentive Strategy Team to thoroughly understand and implement design requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as technical support analyst
- Strong SQL skills with ability to understand data flow as files are loaded into database and transformed through a series of staging tables
- Strong Excel/VBA skills with ability to process large data files and generate insights in an easy to understand format
- Extensive experience with VBA coding in Excel and expertise in using functions, macros, and advanced analytical features of Excel
- Strong understanding of software development cycle
- Ability to identify data abnormalities and trace back through analysis of data and source code to identify root cause
- Comfortable working with and reformatting large text files with the ability to parse files to pull out record level detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an extremely high attention to detail and quality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Application Support Analyst - 15262