New York, New York | Contract
Auditor - AML and Compliance
New York, NY
Currently have an opening for an Auditor in New York, NY. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in AML and/or Compliance auditing.
Key Functions of the Auditor
- Performs high quality, risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited.
- Tests AML and Compliance processes as per Audit or Credit Risk Review procedures.
- Creates and maintains accurate and clear work documents.
- Completes tasks efficiently (on time, on budget, accurately).
- Learns new businesses, processes and regulations effectively and quickly.
- Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations or a particular specialty.
- Identify problems that are not consistent with past audits and begin to structure a solution or remedy to address issue(s).
- Identify opportunities for the use of automation and make recommendations for software support requests.
- Specialists may have different roles depending on their department but will need to be able to use their skills to find effective solutions to problems as part of the day-to-day business.
- Learns business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
Requirements of the Auditor
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance or related area
- 4-6 years audit experience preferably auditing AML and Compliance
- AML and/or Compliance Audit Background strongly desired, including expertise in BSA/AML Regulatory requirements, as well as Compliance monitoring, risk scoring, law inventory processes
- Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills
Auditor - AML and Compliance - 14958