Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently looking to fill a full-time, direct hire role with our client in Pittsburgh, PA for an Automation Engineer. The Automation Engineer is responsible for planning, organizing and conducting phases of software test projects. This person will develop automated functional test scripts and analyze, maintain and extend existing automation scripts, while working closely with the development team to review early drafts of specifications and making recommendations.
Responsibilities of the Automation Engineer
- Review product requirement documents and engineering functional specifications to define test strategies and to scope test efforts, as part of the SCRUM planning cycle.
- Design, develop, maintain and extend the automation scripts on devices (e.g. Tablet, phone) and Windows API and UI layers
- Work closely with QA automation and development teams to ensure adequate/maximum test coverage/effectiveness.
- Assist in establishing processes that complement the tools and provide end-to-end traceability
- Collaborate with and mentor junior team members
- Work with cross-functional teams to trouble-shoot test failures in the multiple test environments, including trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Manage SQE Lab servers as needed
Qualifications of the Automation Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or a related degree
- 4+ years of automation testing experience
- Prior experience in testing tools, such as Selenium, Soap UI, QTP or SilkTest
- 2+ years of experience with at least one programming language, such as Java, Java Script, C++, C#, or Python is essential
- Experience in White and Black Box testing principals
- Experience in MS SQL or Oracle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Android and iOS are highly preferred
- Linux/Unix experience a plus