Buffalo, New York | Contract
Currently have an opening in Buffalo, NY for a Benefits Consultant with a focus on state and federal government health insurance programs.
Hours for this role can vary from 25 to 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related area along with 1 year of experience in a customer relations service or sales role.
Essential Functions of the Benefits Consultant include:
- Qualifies prospective and existing members.
- Educates clients on product portfolio associated with State and Federal programs.
- Collaborates with outside Sales Representatives and the Enrollment Department to create a positive customer experience.
- Receives inbound member calls as well as execute outbound call strategy for retention purposes.
- Engages the prospective member and schedule client meetings with outside Sales Representatives.
- Conducts sales meetings throughout the year; assisting prospective members in selection and completion of new sales application in accordance with all CMS compliance guidelines.
- Conducts home visits upon request of current (retention) and/or potential new members.
- Provides direct service to assigned accounts in order retain or grow the account relationship.
- Responsible for coordination of all services and aspects of the account renewal process.
- Coordinate pre-sale materials for direct pay and employer group Federal products.
- Reviews pre- and post-sale materials enrollment and general correspondence to provide members with accurate clear and easy-to-understand documents.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Administration or related area of study
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer relations service or sales role.
- Life Health and Accident Agent license (preferred but not necessary)
- NYS Sales Insurance License required within 60 days.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation with a high energy level and ability to project enthusiasm.
- Intermediate skill level on Microsoft Office with the ability to create effective presentations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with a solid attention to detail and time management skills.
Benefits Consultant - 15121