Big Data Architect
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Big Data Architect / Lead Solutions Architect / Hadoop
Our client in Pittsburgh, PA is looking to add a full-time, direct hire Big Data Architect to their growing software development team.
- Lead a development team of big data designers, developers, data scientists, and DevOps
- Implement a big data enterprise warehouse, BI and analytics system using Hive, Spark, RedShift, EMR (Hadoop), and S3
- Develop and maintain processes to acquire, analyze, store, cleanse, and transform large datasets using tools like Spark, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, NiFi, and MiNiFi
- Provide recommendations, technical direction and leadership for the selection and incorporation of new technologies into the Hadoop ecosystem
- Participate in regular status meetings to track progress, resolve issues, mitigate risks and escalate concerns in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of product requirements documents, technical design documents, and functional specifications
- Help design innovative, customer-centric solutions based on deep knowledge of large-scale, data-driven technology and the healthcare industry
- Help develop and maintain enterprise data standards, best practices, security policies and governance processes for the Hadoop ecosystem
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer information technology, computer science or related discipline required;
- Master’s Degree in Business (MBA), Masters, PhD., in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related area preferred
- 5+ years of experience in large systems analysis and development
- 4+ years related experience on data warehousing and business intelligence projects
- 3+ years implementation or development experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Additional technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience handling very large data sets
- RESTful Web Services
- Java/Scala application development
- Apache Spark
- Sqoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Automated testing for Big Data platforms
- Agile software development process and development best practices
- Experience with Big Data text mining and big Data Analytics preferred
- Experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
Big Data Architect / Lead Solutions Architect / Hadoop - 15570