Business Analyst / Solutions Analyst
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
This is a great opportunity for a Business Analyst looking for a challenging role in a creative and collaborative work environment.
The Business Analyst / Solutions Analyst will analyze, design, develop and implement cross functional business solutions to support business process improvement functions for clients.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Responsible for discovering, gathering, documenting and vetting business and functional requirements for new projects.
- Perform research and writing tasks on basic and complex documentation projects to create product or process requirements documents, functional specifications, guides, manuals, help systems, web-based documents, and tutorials.
- Analyze business and functional needs critically.
- Assist in providing time estimates for project related tasks.
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Create test scenarios and develop test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
- Perform quality assurance functions, systems testing, and user acceptance.
- Develop and document data collection and analysis tools to enable operations groups to function efficiently and effectively in order to meet their objectives and successfully complete their initiatives.
- Build and maintain databases for ongoing analysis that are integrated and scalable.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in business or consulting
- Must be experienced with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- VISIO, Access, and MS Project experience a plus.
- Must be able to take high-level requests and translate them into actionable, efficient work tasks.
- Should have a sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities
- Strong creative vision - ability to think “out of the box”
- Should be focused on the desired end result and be willing to do what is necessary to deliver quality results effectively, efficiently and on schedule.
Must be a good team player and be a proven relationship builder
- Must demonstrate ability to logically step through a problem from introduction to solution, as well as the ability to articulate the resolution steps.
- Open to traveling up to 50% of the time
Business Analyst / Solutions Analyst - 14597