Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | contract
Business Analyst opening in downtown, Pittsburgh, PA with our financial services client.
The B/A has the primary responsibility to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders. The Business Analyst serves as the principal conduit for managing system requirements between the business and the software development team throughout the duration of a project.
The primary responsibilities of the Business Analyst include:
- Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts;
- Define and document requirements;
- Analyze and prioritize requirements;
- Write functional specifications;
- Model the requirements/specifications;
- Perform business process design in conjunction with operations teams;
- Lead requirements validation and traceability analysis;
- Manage scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle;
- Lead development of common standards and tools;
- Assists in operational roll-out and support.
The preferred candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of 10 years overall experience
- Experienced business analyst who can develop business requirements.
- Experience with Financial systems and data a must.
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting data and systems requested but not required.
- Strong communicator who can work with IT personnel and business staff to assess issues and develop strategies to address.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take strategic direction from executive management;
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
Business Analyst - Financial Services - 15569