Charleroi, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
We have a full-time, direct hire opening for a Buyer in the Charleroi, PA area
The Buyer is responsible for monitoring specific commodities markets and securing those commodities through vendors at best market prices utilizing buying strategies that ensure raw materials costs are at below market cost.
The Buyer has direct hands-on management of inventory, availability and cost responsibility for accurate and timely purchasing and planning of a category of commodity materials. The Buyer will be required to gain and understand markets in which the commodities reside. The incumbent should be highly skilled at managing demand for materials needed to meet Production commitments of cost, Quality and On Time Delivery.
Qualifications and Experience of the Buyer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the following areas:
- commodity material management.
- material & supplier quantitative performance reporting responsibility to management
- ERP/MRP demand and forecast systems and demonstrated continuous use and mastery of these systems.
- Experience with Lean concepts with regard to inventory reduction, JIT, etc.
- Highly motivated with a proven record of cost reductions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent computer, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail oriented.
- CPM or APICS certification strongly desired.
Buyer - 14878