Cloud Security Engineer
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania | Contract
Cloud Security Engineer
Currently have an opening in Pittsburgh, PA for a Cloud Security Engineer. As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll drive cloud security engineering for enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS and PaaS implementations.
- Steer cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security
- Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of Cloud SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce Cloud IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
- Work with internal security team for vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline with 3-5 or more additional years related professional experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
- Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet
- Common scripting languages (Python, Ruby)
- Understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
- Cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Linux/UNIX Windows servers
- MS SQL
- Oracle MySQL
- Experience understanding protocols, such as:
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as:
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Compliance, Legal and Audit organizations.
Cloud Security Engineer - 14645