Cloud System Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Cloud Systems Engineer
Currently have an opening in Pittsburgh, PA for a Cloud Systems Engineer to innovate and advance our client into the emerging cloud computing era.
Cloud Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Create cloud infrastructure designs and guide the development/implementation of cloud applications, systems, and processes.
- Participate in the installation/de-installation of virtual servers and related hardware on premise and external Cloud providers.
- Assist in providing reliable and efficient operation of the technical infrastructure necessary to support local, regional, and global businesses.
- Participate in problem resolution activities in support of the technical infrastructure in cooperation with colleagues around the globe.
- Act as a member of the IT Platform and Infrastructure Virtualization/Cloud Technology team by sharing information with colleagues, contractors, managed services employees, and conducting training or mentoring as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years OR Master’s Degree with 6+ years OR Doctorate with 1-3 years OR 8-11 years applicable business experience.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and implementation/administration experience in virtualized/cloud environments.
- Extensive experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems running as Virtual Machines and/or cloud instances.
- Three plus years of experience designing, deploying and supporting vCenter and vSphere environments in an enterprise data center.
- Advanced experience deploying and supporting vSphere running on multiple storage vendors technologies and protocols (ie IBM SVC, NetApp, EMC/ fiber channel and iSCSI attached/ CIFS, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS ).
- Solid understanding of networking, DNS, VLANs, network segmentation, OSI model;
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem solving skills with the ability to transform data into useful information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Configuration and deployment experience on AWS, MS AZURE, or equivalent public cloud provider platforms.
- Scripting experience with languages such as Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell;
- Infrastructure automation experience using technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible;
- Advanced network and security knowledge to comply and adhere to Bayer regulatory compliance regulations
Cloud System Engineer - 14581