Cloud System Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | contract
The Cloud System Engineer will manage and maintain various global cloud accounts utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- Innovate and advance IT and businesses into the emerging cloud computing era.
- Create cloud infrastructure designs and guide the development/implementation of cloud applications, systems, and processes.
- Assist in providing reliable and efficient operation of the technical infrastructure necessary to support local, regional, and global businesses
- Participate in problem resolution activities with colleagues around the globe.
- Act as a member of the IT Platform and Infrastructure Virtualization and Cloud Technology team by sharing information with colleagues, contractors, managed services employees, and conducting training or mentoring as needed.
- Master’s Degree with 6+ years OR Doctorate with 1-3 years
- Microsoft Azure certified
- Solid background and hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure (compute, networking, storage, etc.)
- Experience supporting an environment running Microsoft Azure and related technologies
- Solid understanding of cloud computing service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and implementation/administration experience in virtualized/cloud environments
- Extensive experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems running as Virtual Machines and/or cloud instances
- Solid understanding of networking, DNS, VLANs, network segmentation, OSI model
- Configuration and deployment experience on Amazon Web Services or equivalent public cloud provider platforms
- Scripting experience with languages such as Perl, Ruby, Python
- Infrastructure automation experience using technologies such as PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Advanced network and security knowledge to comply and adhere to Bayer regulatory compliance regulations
Cloud System Engineer - 15381