Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Currently have a Controls Engineer opening with our client located just north of downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
Essential Duties of the Controls Engineer will include:
- Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
- PLC and HMI programming for steel industry machines and complete lines.
- Selection (sizing) of Drives and other components such as transformers, Line Reactors, contactors, braking resistors, etc.
- Sizing power cables and control wires, fuses, circuit breakers, etc.
- Program / write Drive control code for position, speed, and current control.
- Tuning of control loops (Proportion, Integral, and derivative gains or bandwidth method).
- Design and component sizing/selection for other control circuits (fuses, power supplies, control relays, motor starters, etc.)
- Operator Station and control panel layouts.
Controls Engineer Requirements and Background
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of Electrical Engineering experience working with PLC and HMI Programming and troubleshooting in an industrial environment, either with an OEM or End-User.
- AC and DC Drive system experience (preferably Rockwell / Allen Bradley and control Techniques)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel up 15% of the time.
Controls Engineer - 15112