Data Science Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
We have an opening with our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Data Science Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a background working in engineering, healthcare or a pharmacy related field with a focus on .Net, Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL technologies.
- Develop and maintain a highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
- Develop patterns & frameworks for data initiatives including tasks data architecture, data ingestion, data preparation, data marts, and visualization analytics.
- Develop apps and API’s for different data needs.
- Build proof of concepts using new technologies as they become available.
- Maintain a highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and other data professionals to translate data in to insights.
- Support and/or lead aspects of key foundational and transformational project work streams.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering and data management required. Minimum of 1 year of experience with Big Data or Advanced Analytics preferred.
- Knowledgeable in data tools/languages such as SQL, Spark, Python, Hive, C#.
- Knowledgeable in business intelligence, data management, analytics, big data, data science.
- Knowledgeable of data preparation with tools like Data Factory, Informatica, and Alteryx.
- Ability to leveraging cloud based platforms for big data technologies, open source software and information management architecture and framework.
- Knowledgeable in full stack .NET development within Azure is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills