Data Warehouse Administrator - Banking
Mercer, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
This is a contract to possible direct hire role for a Data Warehouse Administrator.
The Data Warehouse Administrator coordinates changes to computer databases, tests and implements the database, applying knowledge of database management systems.
The ideal candidate needs solid VB.Net and T-SQL experience.
Essential Duties of the Data Warehouse Administrator
- Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Modifies existing databases and database management systems.
- Tests programs or databases, corrects errors and makes necessary modifications.
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Approves, schedules, plans and supervises the installation and testing of new products and improvements to database.
- Creates and runs production and other reports on request.
- Creates report macros. Creates catalogs when necessary.
- Works constructively with other end user report writers.
- Trains users and answers questions.
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database. Reviews procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications of the Data Warehouse Administrator
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and SQL databases, Access, Cobol and Cognos
- Systems and report writing experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
14276 - Data Warehouse Administrator