Saxonburg, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently have an opening with a client for a Database Administrator. Interested candidates need to have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of database design, administration and support experience.
Responsibilities of the Database Administrator
- Database design, development, maintenance, control, and operational support consistent with technical and business requirements and ensuring a high level of data integrity and availability.
- Responsibility for both Oracle and Microsoft SQL information databases used to deliver critical and supporting technology and infrastructure platforms.
- Development, implementation, and evolution of database standards, policies and procedures to ensure the security, availability, and integrity of databases and associated application software.
Requirements of the Database Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science with 6 years of database design, administration, and support
- Oracle or SQLServer RDBMS experience
- database backup/recovery design and execution experience
- Ability to install, configure and maintain production RDBMS software environment(s)
- Expertise in managing data using stored procedures, triggers, and other utilities based on SQL
- Ability to solve critical problems effectively and efficiently
- 2+ years in senior or leadership role influencing database strategy and services
- Experience with the design, implementation, and maintenance of high availability database solutions
- Knowledge of database security best practices coupled with expertise in effectively securing database environments
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and internal priorities.
The following would be a plus:
- Experience with data warehouse solutions, toolsets, and best practices
- Experience and comfort with database responsibilities in a small or single DBA team structure