Derivatives Operations Specialist
Owings Mills, Maryland | Contract
This is an opening for a Derivatives Operations Specialist with our client in Owings Mills, Maryland.
The Derivatives Operations Specialist will be the primary daily contact for all clients and investment managers trading derivative products.
- Provide professional support through timely and accurate processing of derivative cash and trade instructions, and perform activities such as exchange-traded and OTC derivatives for futures, currency forwards (foreign exchange), options and swaps.
- Calculate the daily gain/loss on futures contracts (market- to-market)
- Analyze when collateral is required for option trades, reconcile currency balances required for net forward settlement, validate instructions and conduct research to obtain all information required to post the transactions to the custody and accounting systems
- Coordinate with the accounting teams to ensure accurate client financial statements.
- Monitoring/posting activity related to derivative collateral holdings, including income collection, P&I and maturities
- Supporting all daily-valued clients trading futures by performing additional end-of-day processing customized by client
- Working closely with the accounting teams to complete the daily valuations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or applicable work experience.
- 2-4 years of experience; Financial background and experience preferred
- Experience performing confirmations and collateral movements a plus
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and risk awareness
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task, keep track of multiple outstanding items and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office