Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | contract
Derivatives Operations SpecialistPittsburgh, PA (downtown)
We have an opening for a Derivatives Operations Specialist in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
Qualified candidate will be the primary daily contact for all clients and investment managers trading derivative products.
- Provide professional support through timely and accurate processing of derivative cash and trade instructions
- Perform activities such as exchange-traded and OTC derivatives for futures, currency forwards (foreign exchange), options and swaps.
- Calculate the daily gain/loss on futures contracts (market- to-market)
- Analyze when collateral is required for option trades, reconcile currency balances required for net forward settlement
- Validate instructions and conduct research to obtain all information required to post the transactions to the custody and accounting systems
- Coordinate with the accounting teams to ensure accurate client financial statements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring/posting activity related to derivative collateral holdings, including income collection, P&I and maturities
- Supporting all daily-valued clients trading futures by performing additional end-of-day processing customized by client
- Associate's Degree (at minimum) required
- 2 years experience (including internships)
- Reconciliation experience
- Self-motivated; Leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in fast paced environment