Director - Human Resources and Safety
New Castle, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Director, HR and Safety / Human Resources Director - Manufacturing
New Castle, PA
Responsibilities of the HR Director include:
- Directs all aspects of Human Resources and Safety
- Works with Company leadership to develop and implement relevant policies, goals, procedures, and systems and cultivate a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Abides by and champions all policies and procedures established by the company including plant safety regulations and work rules; supports and ensures ethical business practices.
- Monitors critical performance, absenteeism, staffing, compensation, legal issues, disabilities, attrition, and other employee metrics.
- Oversees and coordinates all safety programs and policies with operation managers.
- Oversees benefits and compensation administration; provides recommendations for salary ranges based on knowledge of market and salary surveys; Manages payroll.
- Oversees workers’ compensation administration.
- Responsible for all phases of employee recruitment, including but not limited to writing job descriptions and postings, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, and onboarding.
- Facilitates direct communication between employees and management, including one-on-one communication, newsletters, roundtables, open houses, surveys, employee appreciation events, etc., as necessary.
- Is responsible for oversight of all legal compliance including but not limited to AAP, ADA, ADEA, Drug-Free Workplace Act, EEO, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, NLRA, Workers’ Compensation, USERRA;
- Travels to company locations (3 locations in US and Canada) to connect with and support employees.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or related field; or commensurate level of related experience and education.; Master’s Degree in related area preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of human resources management role in a manufacturing company.
- Experience in employment, training and development, safety, benefits, compensation, employee involvement, payroll and all government compliance.
- Knowledge of laws, government regulations and practices related to human resource functions to include employee relations, compensation and benefits packages, promotion, recruitment and training;
- Strong leadership skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in multidiscipline team environment.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally on an occasional basis (15-20%); reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required.
Director, HR and Safety / Human Resources Director - Manufacturing - 15340