Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Pittsburgh, PA (south)
This is an opening for a Drafter with a client just south of downtown Pittsburgh.
The Drafter creates mechanical and electrical drawings of low and medium complexity using 3D CAD system and associated BOM via ERP system.
Drawing work supports Product Engineering, Production and Sales.
Verifies completed work and checks the work of others.
Requires a working knowledge of drafting practices, departmental standards, and shop methods involved in manufacturing.
Drafter Qualifications and Skills
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Drafting or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor or similar CAD system.
- 2+ years experience as a design technician
- Aptitude for electro-mechanical products and applications.
- Ability to create 3D models and assemblies in a CAD environment.
- Ability to work with those who build, assemble and other Production functions.
- Familiarity with manufacturing production methods such as injection molding, stampings and extrusions as well as machining and fabricating technology is a plus.
- General electrical knowledge is a plus including the ability to perform low and medium complexity wiring diagrams.