Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
We have an opening with our client for a Estimator/Drafter.
The ideal Estimator/Drafter candidate will have previous experience in a fabrication/steel service environment, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
- Introduce new and existing corporate products or services to established and potential clients.
- Communicate with customers daily to request orders and provide quotations and lead times
- Work collaboratively with the Outside Sales Team, Production/Operations Managers and Team Leaders, Engineering Department, and outside vendors/service providers to prioritize, coordinate and schedule customer needs and requirements.
- Collect and analyze data to estimate the cost, size, materials, nature and duration of a potential project by interpreting prints, specifications and customer requirements.
- Process cancellations or changes in sales orders
- Capture accurate and complete information in ERP system for customer relationship management.
- Monitor quality standards and specification requirements and communicate any discrepancies or issues related to jobs that impact quality, scheduling and/or delivery.
- Communicate customer feedback and suggestions for enhancing efficiency, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and expand the database of customers and prospects of the organization.
- Associate’s Degree in Metallurgy, Drafting, or related engineering discipline
- Prior experience in fabrication and steel manufacturing
- Trained in inside sales and/or estimating.
- Ability to read blueprints; Ability to read, evaluate, and interpret prints, drawings, and specifications.
- Able to work in a fast paced, self-directed environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
Estimator/Drafter - 15111