Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
We have an opening in Pittsburgh, PA for a Hadoop Administrator. Interested candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and at least 8 years experience with systems analysis and programming. The Hadoop Administrator should also have at least 3 years of experience with supporting the Hadoop ecosystem, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and enhancements.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
- Propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop services and expand existing environments
- Maintaining the Hadoop platform and its ecosystem
- Performance tuning
- Capacity and software upgrade planning
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Managing and reviewing Hadoop and System log files
- File system management and monitoring
- Teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop and Hadoop ecosystem updates, patches, version upgrades when required
Requirements of the Software Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or Information Systems; Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree program is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in systems analysis and programming, addressing issues of architecture and data management
- Minimum 3 years Hadoop related work experience
- Solid experience with Hadoop administration
- Experience with most common Hadoop ecosystem applications such as:
- Kafka, etc.
- Familiar with Hadoop architecture and principles such as parallel distributed processing, data locality, multi-tenant security, etc.
- Linux system administration experience
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef and Linux scripting
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in integrated product development team environment
Hadoop Administrator - 14479