Help Desk Lead
702 Warrendale Road Gibsonia, Pennsylvania 15044 | Contract
Essential Job Functions
- Assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis
- Responsibilities include interviewing, selection and orientation of staff, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee and assess work performed by staff and other third parties for compliance with contracts, scope and quality of work and final work product.
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
- Manages the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities
- Provides staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to the Desktop, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and Telephone functions
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
- Maintains a central source of information enabling Help Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
- Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
- Coordinates training requirements of Help Desk personnel
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/ Management or related field plus 6 years of experience working in IT support, customer service and personal management and OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and customer support skills
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies in managing desktop environment
- Able to work and think independently within a framework of best practices and common goals is essential
- Reliable and detail-oriented
- Curiosity, passion, and resourcefulness in researching and developing best practice technology solutions for a large scale, multi-site Windows desktop environment supporting both student and staff workstations.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in often stressful situations
Help Desk Lead / Technical Support Lead - 15308