Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening for a Hydraulics Engineer in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
The Hydraulics Engineer is responsible to design, specify, install and troubleshoot fluid power systems related to extrusion, powder and forging presses.
Responsibilities of the Hydraulics Engineer
- Design, evaluate, install, operate and maintain fluid power system products, equipment and processes, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Interface with engineering, internal sales estimators, project managers and manufacturing personnel to develop high quality, cost-effective designs and provide technical information.
- Investigate and diagnose equipment failures and faulty operation.
- Make recommendations for design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions, which will include travel.
- Manage efficient communication with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Resolve technical issues, prepare drafts for engineering projects and recommend change proposals.
- Create associated engineering documentation such as bills of material, schematics, detailed arrangement drawings, operation and maintenance manuals and installation instructions as appropriate.
Requirements of the Hydraulics Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Hydraulic or Mechanical) or other related Engineering degree is required.
- 5+ years of fluid power system design experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the press industry or heavy equipment design.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics.
- Experience with fluid power systems, sizing and selection of components such as cylinders, accumulators, pumps, motors and valves.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective and efficient time management and problem solving skills.
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD or similar 2D CAD environment is required.
- Working knowledge of Creo Parametric or similar 3D CAD environment is desirable.
- MS Office applications experience.
Hydraulics Engineer - 14764