IT Auditor (SOX IT Specialist)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
The IT SOX Specialist (IT Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Compliance & Controls Specialist) is a member of the compliance team that is responsible for performance of assigned areas for the annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Executes the SOX assessment program to provide thorough and reliable identification of in-scope information systems and IT general controls, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of ICFR for delivery to the Audit Committee, senior management and end to end Global Process Owners and their teams.
- Accountable for assessing information systems and IT general controls, identifying control deficiencies and recommendations, and preparing workpapers and documentation to support the annual assessment.
- Track the status of deficiencies and their remediation by process owners; report findings to SOX leadership and management.
- Participates in finance based projects as an internal controls subject matter expert during non-SOX testing periods.
- Provides guidance on the integration of internal controls into finance processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration related area. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in auditing/accounting OR 3+ years of experience if accompanied by a CPA, CISA or MBA.
- Experience in any of the following: Public accounting, SOX testing, a global financial services organization, shared services in a complex accounting environment.
- Knowledge of COSO integrated framework of internal controls, GAAS, and accounting principles as well as knowledge of IT controls would be a plus
- Strong written and oral communications skills in. Active pursuit of Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or equivalent certification issued or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus.