Buffalo, New York | contract
The Technology Delivery Manager oversees and manages the delivery of software and technical changes in support of corporate initiatives.
The Technology Delivery Manager is responsible for successfully managing one or more software development/technology projects within the constraints of scope quality time and cost.
This position works in a team environment and provides technical project management oversight across multiple delivery organizations.
Functions of this role include:
- Defines and confirms technology deliverables supporting a project’s scope and objectives.
- Guides activities of the technology delivery teams including delegating tasks to team members identifying resources required for delivery and establishing a master timeline for deliverables.
- Develops detailed work plans schedules estimates resource plans and status reports for all technical deliverables of a project.
- Identification of tasks and dependencies resource acquisition and direction budgeting and forecasting progress tracking and development of corrective actions as required and conflict resolution
- Manages the integration of technology vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Obtains staffing and delivery commitments from affected delivery and support organizations to ensure successful delivery of technology components.
- Creates and maintains technology budgets and schedules in support of overall project objectives.
- Leads cross functional delivery and technical support teams to complete technology projects / deliverables within planned timeline and budget.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science Information Technology related area of study)
- Minimum of 5 years technology project management experience required or a combination of education and experience in software development or technology management which would provide an equivalent background.
- Previous experience managing software delivery projects preferred.
- Technical Competencies: Software development, requirements management, technology, architecture and solutions design software engineering, SQA project planning
- Configuration Management;
- Incident and problem management Troubleshooting and Problem Diagnosis;
- Vendor Performance Management.
- PC Skills: Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Intermediate, MS Project, Visio
- Solid understanding of the end to end SDLC methodologies including change management, configuration management, source control, traceability and risk management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
IT Manager / Technology Delivery Manager - 15413