IT Project Manager
Buffalo, New York | Contract
IT Project Manager / Technology Delivery Manager
Opening in Buffalo, NY for an IT Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on migration and implementation experience.
The IT Project Manager oversees and manages the delivery of software and technical changes in support of corporate initiatives. The IT Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing one or more software development/technology projects within the constraints of scope quality time and cost. This position works in a team environment and provides technical project management oversight across multiple delivery organizations.
Essential Functions of the IT Project Manager
- Defines and confirms technology deliverables supporting a project’s scope and objectives.
- Guides activities of the technology delivery teams including delegating tasks to team members, identifying resources required for delivery and establishing a master timeline for deliverables.
- Develops detailed work plan schedules, estimates resource plans and status reports for all technical deliverables of a project.
- Identification of tasks and dependencies resource acquisition and direction budgeting and forecasting progress tracking and development of corrective actions as required and conflict resolution
- Manages the integration of technology vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Creates and maintains technology budgets and schedules in support of overall project objectives.
- Facilitates an effective Project Change Control process on behalf of Information Technology to ensure the impact of all changes on project plans schedules and budgets are clearly articulated prior to final decisions.
- Manages the Software development lifecycle for all assigned projects.
- Administers and manages “quality checkpoints” to ensure readiness prior to moving to the next phase of execution.
- Leads cross functional delivery and technical support teams to complete technology projects / deliverables within planned timeline and budget.
- Conducts project/program meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis relative to the technical deliverables of a project.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Identifies and manages potential issues and risks across multiple projects.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of major problems.
- Ensure adherences to technology standards and reviews project/program deliverables.
- Communicates to client/vendors/leadership/overall project manager.
- Communicate plans status and issues within the team group or project including both IT and business members and executive management.
- Facilitates the transition of technology deliverables from “development” to operations ensuring all aspects of operations are considered including software maintenance computer operations information security administration operations automation service monitoring back-up and recovery and disaster recovery planning.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology related area of study)
- Minimum of 5 years technology project management experience required or a combination of education and experience in software development or technology management which would provide an equivalent background.
- Previous experience managing software delivery projects preferred.
- Upgrade experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- PC Skills: MS Word (Intermediate); MS Excel (Advanced); MS PowerPoint (Intermediate); MS Project (Advanced); MS Visio (Intermediate)
- Configuration Management;
- Troubleshooting and Problem Diagnosis;
- Vendor Performance Management.
- Possesses awareness of significant contributing factors to managing technology projects specifically related to software development
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the end to end SDLC methodologies including change management, configuration management, source control traceability and risk management.
- Health insurance industry knowledge;
- IT industry knowledge;
- Negotiation Skills; Influence and Persuasion;
- Stakeholder Relations; Vendor Management;
- Thought leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Strategic thinking; Global perspective;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to meet collaboration and/or documentation standards.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to manage assigned project budget.
IT Project Manager / Technology Delivery Manager - 14669