IT Project Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
IT Project ManagerPittsburgh, PA
Opening for an IT Project Manager with our client located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management.
- Responsible for planning and governance and for overseeing the successful delivery of the project/program's output/product.
- Full implementation of best practices for all major IT development projects
- Follow system development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, the Project Management Institute (PMI)'s principles, Agile methodology, and improve control of cost, scope, and schedule.
- Coordinates projects in progress and ensures that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed to avoid confusion and interruption during execution of projects.
- Provides communication management support and acts as a point of contact for the division of Information Technology Services to other departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related IT experience; MBA in IS or other Master's Degree preferred.
- PM training and certification desirable, but not required.
- 3-5+ years of progressively responsible IT experience
- 5+ years of BU or BU-facing experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major defined PM approaches (for example, PMI, Prince II or agile)
- Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project and Open Workbench), with solid track record of practical application
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to support a tactical resource plan by mapping future demand to forecast project completions in the project portfolio