Rochester, New York | Contract
This is a Java Developer opening in Rochester, NY.
Key Responsibilities of the Java Developer
Implement features in new and existing software systems using Java, Tomcat, and Oracle.
Troubleshoot and repair software systems, both collaboratively and individually.
Create documentation for use by other developers and internal customers.
Write and modify software according to business specifications.
Create and execute unit and integration tests to ensure code meets requirements.
Participate in project planning sessions to understand development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
Develop software using industry and company best practices.
Maintain and grow applications according to business and technology priorities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Computer Science degree preferred. 5+ years of relevant experience.
- General understanding of software development quality processes
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Proven problem solving capabilities
Required Technical Experience
Preferred Technical Experience
- Cold Fusion
- Python, Perl, or other scripting language
- Subversion, Mercurial or other source control tool
- TFS, Jira, or other issue tracking tool
- Agile, Scrum, or other software development methodologies