Rochester, New York | Contract
We have a contract opening (7 months+) for a Java Developer in Rochester, NY.
Responsibilities of the Java Developer
- Implement features in new and existing software systems using Java, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Troubleshoot and repair software systems, both collaboratively and individually.
- Create documentation for use by other developers and internal customers.
- Write and modify software according to business specifications.
- Create and execute unit and integration tests to ensure code meets requirements.
- Participate in project planning sessions to understand development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Develop software using industry and company best practices.
Required Technical Competencies
- Cold Fusion
- Python, Perl, or other scripting language
- Subversion, Mercurial or other source control tool
- TFS, Jira, or other issue tracking tool
- Agile, Scrum, or other software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- General understanding of software development quality processes.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
Java Developer - 15106