Junior Business Analyst
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Junior Business Analyst - Financial Services
We have an opening in downtown Pittsburgh, PA for a Junior Business Analyst.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Prioritize and maximize opportunities to improve business processes and support critical business strategies as appropriate.
- Works closely with all levels of management to develop both frequency based and adhoc MIS reports.
- Participate in Operations process improvement initiatives.
- Proactively identify issues and/or problems and seek root cause.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Database Management skills using MS Excel & Access; knowledge of pivot tables, macros, v-lookup, advanced formulas, be able to manipulate data and database functions required, i.e. forms, queries, and reports.
- Financial services experience required;
- Proficient with MS Visio, MS Access & MS Word.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research/document complex reporting issues and develops creative and effective solutions.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in an environment where requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Self-motivated; able to work with limited supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; will accept equivalent work experience.
- Quality Improvement and workflow mapping experience a plus.
- Experience with accounts payable or purchase orders a plus
- Technology experience is a plus
- Project Management coordinator experience a plus.