Level II Software Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
Level II Software Engineer - Big Data - Data Engineering
Looking for a Level II Software Engineer for a role with a client in Pittsburgh, PA. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience with large scale data technologies such as big data, database technologies and data engineering.
Essential Job Functions
Work on implementing a high-performance, next generation data center.
Work with a team to identify, design and build appropriate dataset and linkages for complex data
Develop and implement databases, data collection systems
Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
Implement data quality infrastructure and processes.
Implement data infrastructure for emerging data classes.
Identify analytics tool guidelines and standards for performing required data preparation, analysis, visualization, and reporting.
Organize, deliver, and ensure data integration support of a corporate computing capability.
- 3-5 years of experience with large scale data technologies such as Big data, Database Technologies, Data engineering.
- Knowledge of informatics, analytics, computational science.
- Knowledge of toolsets and capabilities utilized by expert data scientists and modelers.
- C++, C#, SQL, MS SQL Server, Software design
- Data modeling and ELT / ETL
- Solid communication skills and team player
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or related fields
Experience in Big Data tools, Database Technologies and Design, infrastructure, analytics and visualization