Saxonburg, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Full-time, direct hire opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have an Electrical Engineer degree and a solid electronics manufacturing background.
Essential Functions of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Lead the introduction of new products to the production floor. This includes: planning and managing assembly process development, pilot builds, workstation design and setup, and assembly instructions and documentation development.
- Perform design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and design for test (DFT) assessment and recommend enhancements to facilitate the development of quality products that allow cost effective fabrication, assembly, and test.
- Lead and assist with development of documentation and work instructions associated with manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Provide troubleshooting for existing products, designs, and test fixtures with an emphasis on root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Provide documented feedback in the form of yield studies and root cause analysis assessments to engineering for future revisions.
Qualifications and Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in radiation product development, testing, and transferring to production.
- Experience in product design including requirements specification, board design and layout, prototyping, troubleshooting, revision control, component procurement, and assembly for manufacturing.
- Experience in manufacturing processes, on time delivery, and continuous improvement.
- Hands on experience with electronic test setups and fixtures for testing electronic devices.
- Experience in transferring radiation detection and imaging products from engineering development states to manufacturing.
- Experience with radiation detector assembly processes, work cell manufacturing, PCB assembly, wire bonding, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods.
- Experience in designing and performing root cause analysis of manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with semiconductor radiation fabrication and equipment.
- Ability to operate oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal/function generators, multi-meters, data acquisition cards, and bench top power supplies.
- Ability to write test software specifications
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of radiation detection products.
- Solid interpersonal skills; Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of RoHS, ISO, IEC standards
- Experience with a ISO 9001:2008 quality control system
- Knowledge of PCB design tools such as OrCAD or Altium.
Manufacturing Engineer - 15582