New York, New York | Contract
New York, NY
We have an opening for a Marketing Specialist in New York, NY.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree along with 8 to 12 years of marketing strategy experience within a creative, media or marketing brand agency.
Essential Duties of the Marketing Specialist
- Strategic Marketing Direction (own brand voice and positioning): Be an active, integrated part of the Business or Business Partner team to ensure delivery of their business needs from a Brand Marketing standpoint (help drive the conversation)
- Develop and own all Marketing focused initiatives and brand stories.
- Be able to build a deep understanding of business objectives as well as key initiatives and their unique differentiating proposition.
- Ability to build relationship and serve as the liaison between Business/Business Partners and Brand assuring brand consistency.
- Consumer and Business Data: Collaborate with internal and external partners to define the target audience and develop metrics to evaluate effectiveness in reaching that audience.
- Use consumer research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics (site, social, media, research, etc.), segmentation and positioning.
- Creative Management and Leadership: Drive the creative process forward with strong creative instincts.
- Write creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, manage brand budgets, protect & develop brand voice across all touch-points.
- Strong understanding of marketing channels including digital, social, advertising, content, internal communications, and PR
- Work with internal and external agency partners.
Requirements of the Marketing Specialist
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 8-12 years of relevant marketing experience; Experience working closely with a creative, media, or brand agency
- Data driven decision making (comfortable with analytics and research to drive marketing strategy)
- An outside-in approach (understanding the need for appropriate segmentation and targeting)
- Digital knowledge with advertising, platform, and content development
- Problem solving through creative solutions
- Marketing strategy (long and short-term)
- Intellectual curiosity on a global scale and the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrates history of disruption in marketing strategy
- Proven experience working well with others to maintain and build cross-functional (internal and external) relationships including agency partners, internal clients, and team building
Marketing Specialist - 14482