Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
Butler, Pennsylvania | Contract
We have a contract opening with our client located just north of Pittsburgh, in Butler, PA. Interested candidate should have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in machine and mechanism design.
- Perform new product design
- Provide mechanical design support for legacy products
- Participate in critical design reviews
- Provide estimates for new applications and design modifications to existing equipment.
- Review drawings for drafting accuracies and completeness
- Using Solidworks PDM tools, to administer and maintain all department documentations, drawing templates, and toolbox mechanical hardware libraries.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in machine and mechanism design.
- Experience in machine, mechanism, and tooling design, using Solidworks 2014 or higher.
- Experience setting up and configuring PDM works for a multi-seat networked environment; PDM works administrator experience is preferred.
- Experience in machine design involving moving mechanisms
Additional desired skills:
- Experience in custom machine building, packaging, plastic molding, or inspection instrument industries.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices and design for manufacturing techniques.
- Proficient in geometric tolerance and tolerance stack-up analysis
- Experience in sheet metal and weldment design
- Experience in Solidworks Simulation
- Good working knowledge of Optical Systems
- FEA / CFD experience
Mechanical Engineer - 14673