Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Contract
Seeking a Mobile Architect to serve as an architect for company's iOS Mobile Computing solutions. The selected candidate will architect end-to-end solutions for iOS-based mobile products. The projects will involve iOS native and hybrid development, security considerations, data model design for targeted databases, and web service-oriented client/server backend architectures.
The selected candidate should be well-versed in Apple technologies and their associated idiosyncrasies, but must also have working knowledge of the server side code and technologies.
Essential Duties of the Mobile Architect
- Serve as an architect of n-tier applications using iOS as access technology for enterprise backend systems.
- Work with product owners, BAs and PMs in defining and managing the business and technical requirements.
- Lead the full SDLC process of iOS application solutions, including but not limited to Objective C, Swift, HTML5, JSON, XML and consuming RESTful web services.
- Lead the full SDLC process of web service oriented backend solutions, including but not limited to Java, Spring frameworks, MyBatis, consuming SOAP web services, producing RESTful web services, and SOA middleware.
- Lead the design of database objects in relational databases, including but not limited to DB2, SQLServer, and/or Oracle.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of Apple’s technologies and requirements, including but not limited to distribution certificates, provisioning profiles, code signing, keychains, push notifications, app transport requirements, and iOS version histories.
- Expert level knowledge is required of using iOS frameworks related to UI, Core Data, storyboards, web services, security/keychain, camera integration, asynchronous/background processing, multitasking, etc.
- Expert knowledge of common design patterns (like MVC, delegation, target-action) and Cocoa layers related to Touch, Media, OS and Services and Objective/C and iOS principles of memory management, notifications, blocks, categories, etc.
- Triage bugs and resolve production issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform code reviews as needed
- Follow Agile Scrum methodology, and conduct daily standups, sprint grooming and planning meetings.
Requirements and Experience
- At least 8 years experience with:
- Application Developer Full SDLC
- Object Oriented development experience
- At least 5 years experience with:
- iOS SDK and Objective-C
- Core Data framework
- deploying iOS apps
- relational database design and development
- At least 4 years experience with:
- iOS Auto Layout, Storyboard, Blocks, and GCD
- At least 2 years experience with:
- Swift programming language and latest iOS APIs and frameworks
- architecting & solutioning mobile apps that consumes web service
- Java centric server-side development and solutioning;
- Experience in team leadership position
- At least 1 year experience with deploying enterprise iOS apps via MDM
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Required.
Mobile iOS Computing Architect - 14734