Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades and monitoring network performance. The ideal candidate will have SQL Server experience.
Responsibilities of the Network Administrator
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
Skills and Qualifications of the Network Administrator
- SQL Server experience
- Network Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols
- Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Strong understanding and expertise in TCP/IP
- Knowledge of SCSI and iSCSI
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic Knowledge (Break/Fix) of Microsoft Exchange Server (intermediate knowledge preferred)