Grove City, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently have an opening in the Grove City, PA area for a Network Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree, 5 or more years' senior level network engineering experience and Microsoft certification.
The Network Engineer will monitor and review all network devices for security vulnerabilities, proper patch management, virus/spy ware prevention and other duties as necessary to safeguard personal information.
- Assesses networks for vulnerabilities, keeping operating systems current, and personal computers locked down
- Reviews all security patches for proper levels
- Reviews network event logs for unexpected activities
- Checks for virus and spy-ware outbreaks, makes sure all personal computers and servers have latest protection
- Monitors and maintains server and personal computer administrator user ids and passwords and ensures passwords are strong and changed as staff turns over
- Keeps up to date laptop and personal digital assistant (PDA) inventories, periodically reviews them to ensure most current patch levels and virus signatures are being used
- Reviews internal internet usage and provides written reports of internet abuse
- Assists in risk assessment testing, and penetration testing and scheduling
- Monitors Intrusion Detection and Firewall logs
- Bachelors Degree in computer information systems, computer science or electrical engineering preferred
- 5+ year's senior level experience
- Microsoft certified
- Knowledge of VMWare
- Experience in Enterprise environment
- Specialized training in Network security programs preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Network Engineer - 14662