Export, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a professional Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all organization’s operations.
You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of managers, training managers, and other direct reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leads all manufacturing operations in the plant.
- Ensures that manufacturing has the talent to meet business requirements.
- Provides performance management to help reports improve leadership capabilities and provide accountability
- Actively manages talent and organizational structure to meet customer and business needs
- Maintains a fully engaged and motivated work force in his/her areas to ensure that plant goals and objectives are achieved.
- Lean Leader for areas under his/her responsibility - engages his/her teams to implement TPS in their respective areas.
- Chief advocate for the customer ensuring the highest quality products and service to customers
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
- Leads by example working with his/her teams to implement all Corporate Standards and provide action plans to ensure proper implementation.
- Identifies the gaps and areas of focus to make certain that budgets are met
- Establishes priorities with his/her team to ensure all Environmental, Safety and Health Corporate Standard gaps are identified and establishes proper plans to fully implement standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations management, engineering, or other technical area preferred. Advanced technical or business degree a plus.
- 5 to 10 years progressive related experience at a management level on different disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience to perform the requirements of the position.
- General management skills including team building, JIT process based manufacturing, automotive industry experience, cost management, material/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, quality management, strong customer relationship background and attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Environment, Safety & Health, Industrial Relations, accounting principles and supply contract administration.
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen (Certification desired).
Operations Manager - 15229