Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | contract
Our financial client in downtown Pittsburgh, PA is seeking an Operations Specialist. The ideal candidate will have some back office or middle office experience within financial services.
The incumbent is responsible for processing both mandatory and voluntary specific corporate actions functions related to international and US securities held (regardless of custodian) for specific back office clients.
Also responsible for handling moderately intricate to extremely complex corporate action events for multiple back office clients.
Processing responsibilities include:
- The receipt of custodian announcements, the scrubbing/comparison of data, and the notification of corporate action events to a specific client.
- Reconcile client positions with multiple custodians and monitors appropriate posting of accruals and entitlements to client accounts.
- Responsible for soliciting and receiving responses from the clients and for submitting these instructions to the various custodians prior to their deadline dates.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control measures Providefirst level training for new specialists and will assist specialists in handling inquiries.
- Participate in department projects such as identifying system or processing enhancements and off hours system testing.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent of 2-3 years work experience in financial services operations
- Back office/middle office expereince desired
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, deadline driven, high-risk environment.
- Customer service orientation is a must with excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit patience in teaching procedures to new associates is essential.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) is required.
Corporate Actions Operations Specialist - 15482