Eagan, Minnesota | Contract
Our client has an opening for a Product/Brand Manager who will be tasked with enhancing the customer online web experience by integrating our client’s design philosophy known as WEL (Web Experience Language).
The Web Experience Language (WEL) is a shared design framework for consistent, connected, and rewarding customer experiences. It’s a design philosophy as well as a set of reusable front-end components that are an extension of the company brand. WEL can also be thought of as a pattern library. WEL embodies customer experience principles and in the long term will become a critical asset for sustaining and scaling aligned enterprise-wide experiences.
With many invested stakeholders from platform teams to designers and developers, the long term success of WEL adoption and its evolution lays in the hands of a dedicated product owner.
Our client is looking for a talented and ambitious product manager to understand, shape and evangelize the WEL vision, driving adoption and fostering collaboration across the enterprise focused primarily on our web channels for marketing, ecommerce, and self-serve.
Functions of the Product/Brand Manager will include:
- Build a deep understanding of current product capabilities and vision, and collaboratively establish high-level goals;
- Turn these goals into an actionable product roadmap, boldly prioritizing competing needs from across the business;
- Oversee the delivery of detailed product documentation, training materials and guidelines for both internal and external audiences;
- Manage and distribute guidelines for the creation of new design and development work compliant to the WEL vision;-
- Govern the delivery of third-party design and development work, ensuring standards established by the Enterprise Design Authority and WEL development teams are upheld;
- Foster collaboration between interested parties, including selected agency partners, driving the adoption of WEL;
- Evangelize WEL in the context of CX transformation;
- Identify and prioritize new functionality in support of business goals, customer needs, and positive
- Understand and utilize data and analytics to inform priorities and decisions on the product roadmap;
- Work with decision-makers and implementation teams to manage and plan the delivery of new functionality into WEL;
Work with internal and external partners and stakeholders to efficiently and effectively resolve queries;
- Understand all aspects of the business and operations, proactively seeking opportunities to increase knowledge to better shape the future of the product.