Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Currently have an opening in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Product Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and evaluating the feasibility of new decoration techniques in order to provide a more diverse product offering to customers. You will interface with the product development team to apply existing decorating methods to new products and will develop robust processes that will enable a smooth ramp to production volumes.
- Researches and implements new methods of decoration and evaluates new materials and inks.
- Work with product development team to resolve issues with products
- Develop and document approved decorating conditions
- Work with manufacturing engineering and production staff when new products and methods are released to production to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assists test team with requests
- Expands testing capabilities to ensure that current and new decorating methods will uphold a high level of quality in standard operating conditions.
- Develop a process for fast track testing when evaluating similar materials.
- Create and update process documentation for product testing.
- Participate in cross functional targeted improvement projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Science or Engineering or Material Science, Chemical or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a product development role, with a track record of success in releasing new products to manufacturing
- Knowledge of the following decorating methods considered a plus: silkscreen, deboss, laser engraving, colorprint, transfer printing and application, and drinkware printing
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Design of experiments
- Technical communication
- Project Management
- Extensive experience with MS office products, specifically Excel and Access ?
- Experience with 2D & 3D drafting
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Product Engineer - 14605