Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Pittsburgh, PA (east)
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening with a client for a Production Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct and oversee the flow of work on the production floor.
- Continuously improve the efficiencies, effectiveness, and quality standards of the production area.
- Monitor departmental and individual performance and provide appropriate feedback, encouragement, and discipline when necessary in order to facilitate department improvements.
- Manage employee relations by interviewing, hiring, monitoring absenteeism, tardiness, time cards, etc.
- Provide technical support when needed
- Train new and existing staff in order to be proficient in all areas
- Monitor and improve staff morale through positive example and a solution-oriented approach toward problem solving.
- Other cross-functional tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, Management)
- 5 years in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required.
- Strong Continuous Improvement background with sustaining results.
- Lean & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to handle multiple task and priorities; Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and follow up.
- Must be able to work well independently or with others.
- Ability to professionally communicate using both verbal and written skills.
Production Supervisor - 14701