Uniontown, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Production Supervisor - 2nd or 3rd shift
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening in the Uniontown, PA area for a Production Supervisor for the 2nd or 3rd shift.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues.
- Reviews production orders to ascertain needs, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products within various departments, and as the various departments interrelate to other manufacturing departments to achieve on-time and under budget delivery.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
- Prepare reports, presentations, etc. to effectively communicate issues to workers and management.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Interprets company policies including safety, quality system, etc. to workers, enforces their implementation and takes necessary actions to assure their implementation.
- Solve problems using problem solving methods, experience, etc. to assure the flow of production
- Achieve production and plant priorities and goals.
- Assist department manager in hiring and discharging of positions under area of responsibility.
- Recommend and provide job training or seminars for self and/or subordinates.
- Provide feedback to manufacturing manager on employee performance.
- Strive to maintain high level of cooperation among all employees by providing leadership and a positive attitude/working environment.
Requirements and Skills
- Associate's Degree in technical field and/or Engineering field required; BS Degree in a technical discipline (i.e. Engineering, Science, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related experience supervising hourly teams in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to lead teams while instilling a continuous improvement mindset.
- Requires competency in building effective teams, conflict management, drive for results, learning on the fly, and employee motivation.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) required.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Working in cross-functional productivity improvement teams a plus.? Lean / 6sigma knowledge a plus.
- Managing a Unionized workforce a plus.
Production Supervisor - 2nd or 3rd shift - 14120