Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
- Prepare detailed fabrication drawings for tubular and plate components using AutoCAD and producing 3-D AutoCAD models
- Prepare bills of materials
- Prepare ASME Code calculations for boiler components (waterwall panels, super-heater elements, economizer elements, drums, etc), pressure vessels, and heat exchangers; prepare calculations for structural assemblies.
- Prepare detailed instructions for the shop to bend tubes and fabricate tubular assemblies.
- Select welding procedures.
- Review and interpret dimensional data from fabrication shops.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil (Structural) Engineering or Associate's Degree with technical training.
- Experienced in use of AutoCAD, with emphasis on 3-D modeling.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings for tubular and plate assemblies.
- Ability to communicate with customers, fabrication shop personnel, and construction site personnel to obtain data and solve problems.
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- ASME B&PV Codes (Sections I, IV, VIII, IX), ASME B31.1 or B31.3, AISC Steel Construction Manual, AWS D1.1
- Knowledge of welding processes, selecting filler metals
- Metallurgical experience, piping design
- Fortran programming
- Use of Compress pressure vessel software.
Project Engineer - 15456