Charlotte, North Carolina | Direct Hire
Currently have a full-time, direct hire opening with a company located in Charlotte, NC. In this role, the Project Manager is responsible for working with Solutions Sales Managers, Solutions Engineers, Customers, Manufacturing, Vendors and Installers, to manage configured solutions projects for customer orders, delivered on budget, in scope, and on schedule. Primary duties will include project planning, customer communication, cost management, manufacturing and installation schedule coordination.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Manage configured solutions projects for customer orders, typically working with a Solutions Engineer to complete.
- Conduct Solution Sales Manager Handoff Meetings to review project scope and budget.
- Conduct customer and dealer meetings to review project scope, schedule, technical and site issues.
- Work with Solutions Engineers to create general assembly drawings for collector systems for customer approval, using 2D and 3D CAD.
- Work with Solutions Engineers to design duct and pipe layouts, and create schematics for industrial ventilation systems.
- Enter Purchase Orders
- Coordinate schedule of manufacturing, shipping, installation and startup with Customer and Suppliers. Identify sources of schedule variance.
- Review and maintain project cost budgets. Identify sources of cost variance.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to review project layout and scope.
Requirements of the Project Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent along with 5+ years of industrial experience in a technical project management role. (Associate's Degree with 10+ years of highly related experience may be considered.)
- Industry knowledge is highly desired.
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Microsoft CRM experience desired.
- IFS or some other ERP Database experience desired.