Project Safety Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Contract
We have a 6 month contract role with a client for a Project Safety Engineer.
Overview of Role
- Provide Safety Engineering expertise in the development and implementation of rail solutions.
- Ensure that solutions are in accordance with the safety requirements of the company, customer and statutory regulations.
- Ensure that an effective Safety lifecycle is established and implemented on projects, allowing the safety of the solution.
- Work with all functions of the project organization to ensure that all safety requirements are agreed, understood and fulfilled.
- Ensure that software processes and practices are adequate to support the required level of reliability, safety and performance of the system.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years train control experience and/or automatic control in other industry.
- Experience in C programming language
- 2+ years of Safety Engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of system requirements definition/design, safety and risk analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of CENELEC and AREMA standards.
- Detailed knowledge of standards and processes applicable to the development of safety critical software.
- Familiarity with military specifications.
- Knowledge of railway systems a plus
- Experience with identification of occupation health and safety hazard and risk assessment of the workplace is an asset.
- Computer skills: MS Office, DOORS, Modelling, Databases
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Work as a team player
- Occasional domestic and international travel (approximately 20%).